Emma has been complaining for a week about a tooth ache. She had been to the dentist twice already, and all they tell was that she was getting a molar in the very back. The second time I went I questioned several times because the pallet of her mouth was swollen. And she had woken up with an eye infection one morning too (which I know means there is some kind of infection). The dentist was pretty positive that it was just a molar, but my gut kept telling me something different. I didn't know what to do
until 2 days later, Emma was complaining more than ever. I looked in her mouth again, and lo and behold, the swelling had turned white. I called the dentist, and he told me to call a pediatric dentist. When I called him, they told me to come in right away (it is a 30 minute drive, and I had to find a sitter for the other 3 kids too). I was so nervous, I prayed the whole way to town. When we got there, he took one look at her, and was shocked at how
abscessed her tooth was. He gave me a few options, but pretty much said that if we didn't get it taken care of within the next day or two, she could be hospitalized with IVs and the whole thing (Very critical). I chose option one, which was take the tooth out now. Emma was SO scared! He gave her the highest dose of laughing gas he could, and got to work. Once she was numb and everything, it took less than a minute to get her tooth out, and she was pretty calm the whole time. I want to bring some laughing gas home.....
hehe. It was pretty brutal. He was jerking every which way to get it out. When we were almost home, I asked Emma how she was feeling. This was her reply: " My
tongue is thinking about going up in there (the ginormous hole)......it went up in there already once. It is really thinking about going in there..........I'm not thinking about it, but my
tongue is." I just thought it was so cute, she was such a trooper the whole time, I am so pleased with her. And I am
grateful for the dentist that caught the infection and fixed it. We are so blessed that we caught it before it was too late.
3 comments:
I am so glad you got that fixed! I love the things she says!! It's like she is an adult in a little body!
That is too funny! "My tounge is thinking about going up there!" She is so cute! I am glad you got it taken care of...isn't it wierd how your stinking teeth can make you so sick!?! Dumb! Anyway I am with you on the laughing gas thing...I wouldn't mind having a stash of it here for myself! ha ha
Oh Emma is such a brave cute girl. I know how you feel. Halle had an abcessed tooth and I was so sad for her. That makes me mad at that dentist for not looking into it further. I am glad it all worked out. You are a great mom. Oh and I wish I could have a jolt of that laughing gas too, ha ha.
Love ya Lisa
Post a Comment