On Saturday night, Katie and Vern's home caught fire. The whole family was able to escape the house safely, thank heavens!! The house was completely engulfed in flames in just about 5 minutes. They had to stand and watch in horror as all their memories were burnt to the ground. I can't even imagine how they were feeling in that moment!!! When I heard the news I bawled. All night. It is such a scary and devistating thing to think about. It was an electrical problem and started at the water heater out the back door. They could smell smoke, and the kids came running saying there was smoke. Vern looked out the back door and saw the water heater in flames and told everyone to get out immediately. They all moved quickly and were kept safe. That is obviously the most important thing, and such a blessing that they all made it out together without any injuries! I am so grateful it wasn't just a couple hours later when they would have all been sleeping, and I am grateful that Vern was home, and his mom and sister were there also to help. It was truly a blessing!!
It is also so wonderful to see how a family and a community pulls together in a time of such great need. I know that they will be taken care of! The Lord loves them, and is blessing them with such wonderful people around them. I love you Katie and Vern!! I am still crying about this all. Every time I think about it I bawl. I am SO grateful that you are alive and safe and healthy! You are amazing people, and you are such great examples to everyone around you. Hang in there! There is a lot of love coming your way!!



this is the piano in the living room...

the kids' bedroom...

the living room...


another kids' bedroom shot...
No comments:
Post a Comment