Monday, January 2, 2012

Christmas day

This year I woke up to the sounds of laughing and giggling. I went into the kids' room and they were as happy as they could be running in circles! I asked them what they were doing and they said "we're having a party!!" and Briallen said "and we saw the pesents!" . They were SO excited. I looked at the clock, and it was only 5:00am. I told them that they had to go back to sleep for at least 2 more hours, and surprisingly they went right back to sleep.
Around 7:30 we all got up, said our prayers, and dug in! The girls got the babies that they wanted, Briallen and Rebekah each got a purse, and the older 3 got their own camera! Then they got a kitchen with food to share. It was a great Christmas, and we were truly blessed! I didn't get more pictures because my camera got buried under dolls and gifts they wanted me to open for them, so I will have to post more soon!
it's hard to see (which is probably good), but we didn't have real stockings, so I hurried and made some on Christmas Eve so that I could have something to put their stocking stuffers in.

When I saw all of those gifts, I thought for sure I had over-done it this year, and then realized I gave them 2 gifts each, with the kitchen to share... this is just what it looks like when you have a family of 8!

No comments: