Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Alison Zola

Finally, 11 days over due, our beautiful baby Alison arrived! She was born on October 15 at 8:06 pm. She weighed 8 pounds 7 ounces, and was 22 inches long! She was our longest baby, but our second smallest by weight. The labor was my best one. My midwife helped me to be able to relax my body during contractions, which helped with the pain so much!! The delivery went really quick also. I did lose a lot of blood once I delivered, and I haven't been able to do much besides sit or lay down since. It's supposed to be this way for a while, which is hard. It's hard because I feel weak and dizzy constantly, and I don't like having to be waited on and having no control over my house. On a more positive note, I get to spend lots of time with Alison and the others, which is nice. I think I am getting better every day, and I can't wait to feel "normal" again! :)

I hope these photos don't offend anyone. I tried to pick the most modest ones, but this is my journal, and I wanted these to be part of it.

Randy cutting the cord...

baby being weighed...
My awesome midwife, Lisa Heimberger. She was incredible! She didn't show any signs of panic while I was bleeding so much; she just gave me the herbs I needed, and took really good care of me (I didn't know how bad it was).

A couple hours later the kids came home from Randy's parents and got to see her and hold her before they went to bed.

I don't know why this picture is turned sideways, but it was cute, so I had to show it. Rachel, Molly, and Katie came over to visit and see the new baby, and we had fun taking pictures of both babies!







I love being a "new mommy"!! It's so fun and rewarding, and there is such a wonderful spirit in the home! I also want to thank everyone for their help, love, support, and prayers! I don't know what I would do without all of you!

6 comments:

josh said...

She is so sweet! I cant wait to see her again! Get feeling better! I love ya! xoxo

josh said...

BTW "JOSH SAID" is actually your sister Bailey lol

Rachel said...

You did get some good pictures of our sweet girlies. It looks like Allison is changing already...she is so cute we need to get together again and take more pictures!

Kathryn said...

Beautiful. Simply beautiful. :)
.... It almost makes me baby hungry... but just almost :)

The Bundy Family said...

Oh Hanna, she is adorable. I hope that you are feeling better and resting. Lots and lots of people told me to do that and with Emrie I finally listened. It was amazing how much better I felt. Anyways, take care. We will see you soon. Love LIsa

Molly said...

Im so glad I got to see her before we went home. She is such a doll. Love ya lots!