Monday, February 17, 2014

Brave little one...

Okay, so I am afraid of heights. My legs get weak, my knees start to wobble, and I can't control my body when I get on a ledge, or somewhere too high. I don't know why, it drives me crazy!! Well, I wanted Christmas lights on the house really bad, and Randy was always working, so I decided to do it myself. "I can do it", I thought.... I started on the low side of the roof. I got a ladder, and hung half of the lights. It wasn't that hard. Then it got too high for the ladder. I tried getting on the roof, and my knees started to do that wobbly thing. I was so annoyed with myself!! Then I had a thought... I asked Emma if she is afraid of heights, and she isn't! She said that she would climb up there and finish them for me!! She did so awesome! I, of course, was on the ladder worrying about her the whole time, saying things like "are you okay?" "you are so brave!" "are you sure you're okay?" "you are so brave!" (over and over again). I think my knees even got wobbly having my daughter up there, but she got the job done, no problem! What a brave little girl!!


No comments: