Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Journal

Since I have been very lousy at writing in my journal lately, I have been thinking a lot about writing more "journal" type posts on here. It doesn't mean that I am not going to keep up what I have been doing, I am just going to add in a few more posts about everyday life that most of you won't care about. So please bear with me, and ignore these posts if you want. (or read them if you want...whatever)

Rough times:
This morning I woke up with a positive attitude. I was going to get a lot done. I started cleaning the kitchen and realized that our water has been turned off. (totally my fault, and a misunderstanding, but I did not pay the bill, nor do I have the money to pay the bill)... so I decided to do something else. I can't vacuum because my vacuum has been broken for about a week. Rebekah was hungry and tired, so I was feeding her when Naomi asked me for some toilet paper. I told her that the toilet paper was out in the garage and sent her out to get it. Pretty soon, her and Emma came in and said that there were ants all over in the freezer, and that all the food was not frozen anymore........ yeah. So I rushed out there, and sure enough, everything was warm, and there was blood everywhere. I wanted to hurry and clean it up before the mess got bigger, and then I realized I have no water. Luckily I had some Clorox wipes and old towels, so I used that and cleaned that up. Every time I went to wash my hands, I had a rude reminder that there isn't any water!! Then when I go to the bathroom, I can't flush! My water cooler broke (for drinking water) so I am drinking warm water... which isn't that big of a deal, but I love cold water!!
Anyway, I wasn't able to accomplish anything I wanted to, and was kind of discouraged. I decided to make some bread, and I do feel a little bit better. I am going to go to my in laws' and bathe the kids and shower, and bring them all home and put them to bed. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day!

2 comments:

The Bundy Family said...

Oh Hanna I am so so sorry. My heart aches as I read this. I know those days all too well. I hope tomorrow is a better day. One time we came home from a trip up there and our freezer outside had blown a fuse while we were gone, the meat was all bad and blood was everywhere, mostly dried blood too. You are such a positive, uplifting person, here is to tomorrow. BY the way I love that song, "love me like song". I am stealing it if that is okay. Love you.

Chalise said...

Oh those days. I'm so glad you recorded this because as crazy as the day seems, In a few years you won't remember it and you will read this and just laugh.
:-)