Sunday, May 1, 2011

Koda Chrome Basin

With Randy's job, a lot of times he has to travel. He went up to a job by Bryce Canyon one day and really wanted us to go, but I decided that it would be too difficult and so he took his brother, Mark with him instead. He was gone ALL day long, and didn't get home until after midnight. He told me how beautiful it was that night, and how he wished that he was able to take his family with him. Well it just so happened that the next day, he was called to the same area, so we all jumped in and made a family trip out of it! I am so glad that we went because we had such a great time!! The people that he did the job for offered us a little cabin in Koda Chrome Basin for the night for free, so we took it too! We thought we should make the best of our trip!

These pictures aren't all in order, but this is the next day, we went hiking on a 1.5 mile hike. It was a lot of hiking, and at some points I didn't know if I could make it (carrying Rebekah and being pregnant), but we did, and it was beautiful, and worth it! The kids did find it a little long for them though, and it was cold. Randy had to carry Briallen because she was so cold.... But still SO beautiful and worth it!!


At some points Rebekah wanted to walk by herself, she is so independent!











In the car, having a blast!!




On the way up there, we stopped on the side of the road and saw some Buffalo and Llamas, and played in the snow.















This is after the long day , all the kids were freezing and dirty and all jumped in the tiny bath tub to warm up. It was a tiny little cabin, but so fun! We never get to stay in places like this. :)







On the way home, we stopped and played in the snow again. The kids really wanted to go sledding, so we used an old dish and slid down the hill. The kids really loved it!











I am so glad that I decided to go with Randy. I usually don't like going to work with him, but when he goes to places like this, I really hope that I am more open about it. Life is too short to worry about the little things at home. We got to spend time with daddy, and it was so worth it.

1 comment:

katie said...

I love little moments like these! the kids will always remember those trips!